Code details

Hi,

when I check out the model, classes and the code details file it always warns me about missing code details and asks to reparse all files. I thought that the application can manage such situations when I commit the model and code together with code details into repository.

What should I do to make it work correctly?

Best regards,
Martin

Comments

• Hi,

I found out that the cause was partially on the side of custom template that I tried to write. If not written according to rules required by uml lab, it can cause pretty bed headache.

However, I still have a problem that from time to time the generator generates the code in other way than it should. If I clear the code style globally I will get what I want from generator but I will miss the details for the not generated content - for example imports. Is there a way to clear the code details for a specific classes or just for a specific part of the code?

thatnks in advance
  • Hi,

unfortunately its not possible to clear the complete code details partially. You're right, currently *some* code details have semantics (like the legacy imports), some have not (like an optional Java final statement on a method's parameter). Nevertheless, it is not possible to distinguish which details have semantics and which not - at least not automatically. I'm interested in getting to know what kind of functionality you expected - for example, would it be helpful if you could clean-up whitespaces for a certain template?

I'm wondering what problem you had with your custom templates. If the custom template project is shared across several workspaces, sharing model, code details and source code should work find. Could you please describe to which rules of UML Lab you were referring in your first post?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
    Manuel
  • Hi,

the problem with the code details is that if I take a new clean workspace and define new classes with properties and operations in the model the template works nice together with the pretty print functionality. However, if I take an existing project with already modeled/parsed classes and apply the template there are usually problems with white space characters like missing or additional new line character. This should works usually alright if I clear the details and generate the classes again, however I will lose the legacy imports in that case and maybe other things as well. So the question is how to apply the template nicely without needing to clear the details.

If I remember right the problem was in the template where I defined foreach with white space separator and at some point it was not able to stop unless it used all the memory. I guess this is the problem of my dummy knowledge of the language and problems related to it:)

Best regards,
    Martin

• Hi Martin,

I've passed your problem on to our template engineers to have a look. Would it be possible to get a (maybe stripped-down) version of the template that causes the problem? A small piece of sample code would also help. If you don't want to post it in the forum, you can mail it to support@yatta.de

Best regards,
    Carsten