Out Of Memory

Hi,
I'm having serious problems with the application. When I start the application it detects the differences between code that would be generated and the actual code. To correct the metadata I try to reparse all files but that crashes with Out of Memory Error.

Is there any way to configure the application so that it doesn't need so much memory?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi,

we are currently investigating this issue. Apparently the memory consumption of Eclipse Kepler is higher than Eclipse Juno.

As a workaround, could you please try to increment the available memory (using the -Xmx setting in the umllab.ini or eclipse.ini, depending on your installation)? If you're running a 64bit environment, you could set it to -Xmx2g or even -Xmx3g. If running a 32bit environment, the maximum is -Xmx1500m.

Best regards,
    Manuel
  • Hi, I also get this problem, though I have increased the memory on my 64bit Kepler (on Linux mint 15 with Sun jdk 1.7.51) to 6GB. Reverse Engineering one application works fine, but my main application fails. I thought it might have been because I was almost all my code was in the default package, but refactoring did not help. This app does have some sub-apps which run independently or combined. Is this a likely problem?
    Terry O'K.
  • Hi,

when starting the reverse engineering you can select which source folders should be imported (its on the third/fourth tab of the new model and diagram wizard). Could you please check if the selection is as expected? I'd like to know how many source code files / how many lines of code we are talking about.

Hope I could help,
    Manuel
  • Hi Manuel, I can process my sub-projects OK. I am still investigating. I have 65 files with a total of around 23, 000 lines of code. Thanks.
    Terry O'K.
  • My problem is solved. I don't know exactly what the problem was - perhaps a control code in a comment, but everything is OK now. Thanks.
    Terry O'K.
  • Very strange, but I'm happy that its working now.