Missing properties file by synchronisation and crasch afterwards

Hi,

during synchronisation of model (*.uml file) with CVS I get the following error followed by the freeze of UML Lab:
Path must include project and resource name: /rvratecalc-model-vaa_de_AT.properties

I tried to create empty file rvratecalc-model-vaa_de_AT.properties in project root, in the folder where the model is and in the root of the source folder. Nothing helped.

Is there anything I should configure or any way I can stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Martin
error.png
798 x 425 - 49K

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue - it sounds very strange to me. A properties file should not be needed in this case. Could you please attach the corresponding Error-Log entry, or send me the .log file (located in the workspace's .metadata directory)? Is this a permanent error?

Thank you for your help,
    Manuel
  • edited March 2013
    Your screenshot looks like you are currently solving a merge conflict. Do you intend to do that? Probably you can simply choose to override your local changes to the .uml file and do another reverse engineering?

Regards,
    Christian
  • Hi,
    here's the log you asked for.

I I just accept the changes and do reverse engineering then I will automatically accept all the changes won't I? The synchronization view was actually quite important point for us.
    log
    log
    .log
  • Hi,

Sorry for getting back to you so late - I attended EclipseCon Boston last week and so I missed answering you.

So thanks for sending the log. We'll take a closer look at it and try to reproduce the issue.

Meanwhile you were right to just accept changes and reverse engineer the source code again.

I'd like to give you some background on how UML Lab is integrated into teams. First of all: You can use the synchronization view to merge UML models. However, as UML Lab keeps model and source code in sync it is simpler to just merge the source code and update the model later on (by reverse engineering): The UML model knows which files belong to it ("associated files") and which folders contain files to sync ("observed folders"). On opening a model these files and folders are checked for modification - and updated automatically.

You can view and change associated files and observed folders manually: Just open a Class Diagram of your model, and select a Package (or the diagram's background). Then open the Eclipse Properties View and choose the tab "Round-Trip-Engineering". Here you find the list of observed folders and a button to cleanup the associated files.

Hope I was able to help you a little bit.

Regards,
    Manuel