UMLLab based Xpand SDK patches break xtend?

Hi,

after installing UMLLab in Eclipse Juno via the update site, xtend seems broken. None of the imported models seem accessible, every line of xtend code is shown in red.

Example code (excerpt):

import coremodel;
import codemodel;

extension org::eclipse::xtend::util::stdlib::io;

List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] getAttributes(coremodel::ASDUClass class) :
class.attributes
;

List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] getAttributes(codemodel::RecordProtocolDataTypeClass class) :
class.attributeRecord.attributes
;

Error messages shown (excerpt):

Type not found: codemodel::RecordProtocolDataTypeClass Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons/asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 9 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Type not found: coremodel::ASDUClass Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons/asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 5 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Type not found: List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons/asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 5 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Type not found: List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons/asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 9 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Duplicate extension definition: getAttributes(codemodel::RecordProtocolDataTypeClass): List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 9 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Duplicate extension definition: getAttributes(coremodel::ASDUClass): List[coremodel::ASDUAttribute] Collections.ext /de.ids.acos.commons.asdu.codegen.core/src/de/ids/acos/commons/asdu/codegen/core/templates line: 5 Xtend/Xpand Problem

Either the patches break the SDK or maybe the xtend syntax used is outdated in any way? The code is pretty old and has not been touched a long time.

After removing UMLLab, Xtend/Xpand is reverted back to Xpand SDK 1.2.1.v201206110941, and code is compiling again.

Any hints?

Regards,
Steffen

Comments

• Hi Steffen,

UML Lab installs some adaptions for the Xpand/Xtend projects. They fix some issues and allow us to seemlessly include the code generator into UML Lab's Round-Trip-Engineering. So far they didn't made it into the Xpand official branches, so it's possible that they break existing template projects.

We'll have a look at this - is it ok for you to send me your project to reproduce your problems? That would be great. You can mail it to me (bork@yatta.de) if it's fine with you.

Regards,
    Manuel
  • Hi Manuel,

I'll see what I can do. The full tool spans over ~25 projects and I can't share most of the stuff thats inside. I'll try to create a reduced version that reproduces the problem, and send it to you next week.

Have a nice weekend,
    Steffen
  • Hi Steffen,

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend, too.

Manuel
  • Hi Manuel,

I had some time to play around a bit, but not enough time to provide a complete test environment. When opening the files that show the compile errors, one or more exceptions of type org.eclipse.jface.text.BadLocationException are thrown. I have attached one output from the Error Log, maybe that helps solving the issue already. After deinstalling UML Lab again, the exception does not fire anymore.

Regards,
    Steffen
    txt
    txt
    UMLLab exception.txt
  • Thank you, we'll have a look at the logs. Additionally, I'll try reproducing this problem.