All-in-one UML Lab Eclipse Patch Bundle for Juno -- required?

I noticed that buried under "Uncategorized" in the UML Lab update site is an item called "All-in-one UML Lab Eclipse Patch Bundle for Juno". Is this required for a UML Lab installation in Eclipse Juno?

Also, where can I find the documentation as to the issues that this "Patch Bundle" addresses? My students have not installed this patch and have been experiencing many errors with 'association "" is defect', unresolved elements, inconsistent behavior, and corrupted models and diagrams. I'd like to know if the patch would address the issues we've encountered or not.

Perhaps there is a "best/recommended practices" guide somewhere? Some guidance like that would help minimize the errors my students make, e.g. in renaming and moving classes without synchronizing with the model, and would certainly make my job a lot easier to convince them that they should look at their design from the UML diagram level rather than from a code level. Thank you!

Comments

• Yes, the All-in-one Patch Bundle is required for UML Lab to work correctly. However, installing the UML Lab feature should be enough, it will pull in the Patch bundle automatically as a requirement (that's the reason it's buried in the "Uncategorized" section: you shouldn't bother with it).

You can check if the patches are installed in "Help/About Eclipse/Installation Details". This brings you to the "Installed Software" section where you will find an expandable entry for "UML Lab Modeling IDE". One of its sub-entries should be the All-in-one patch bundle.

The model corruption and "association ... is defect" issues shouldn't be related to that. Could you please file a bug report (perhaps with a broken example project) in our bug tracker? You can do this right out of Eclipse by using "Help/Report Issue or Enhancement in UML Lab" and following the wizard. Please make sure to include the steps that you performed before the problem occured if possible.

As for the patch contents: The biggest part is concerned with extending the Xpand template framework to support our reverse engineering technology. Unfortunately the changes required for that are beyond the scope of the original Xpand project, so we can't contribute them back. Other than that, we have fixed some merge-related bugs in EMF Compare, added some hooks for better extensibility and improved a bit on the generated UML API.